As the COVID-19 pandemic continues throughout the United States, demand for face masks continues to increase. We are a community group working to provide masks to organizations in need.
Volunteers are needed for the following tasks:
- Seamstresses and Tailors
- You may use your own materials, or we can provide you with donated materials. You must have your own sewing machine.
- Fabric Cutters
- If you can accurately cut fabric into rectangles or strips, we can provide you with supplies. You must provide your own scissors or rolling cutter.
- Bias Tape Making and Ironing
- Bias Tape replaces elastic use in masks, allowing us to produce more masks. You can help make these fabric strips if you have a little patience and an iron. We will provide the bias tape maker and fabric.
- Pick-Up and Delivery Drivers
- Runners help deliver fabric and supplies for mask production, deliver completed masks, and pick up donations.
- Volunteer runners must supply their own transportation. OBNM is unable to reimburse volunteers for fuel or auto expenses.
OBNM needs volunteers to help with these additional tasks:
- Phone Calls
- Follow up with organizations who have requested masks
- Follow up with volunteers
- Contact new organizations that may be in need of masks
- Answer sewing questions
- Follow up with mask recipients
- Coordinate with other organizations who may be able to provide volunteer assistance
- Internet Communications
- Answer questions that come in via email and on our Facebook page
- Follow Up
- Send thank you cards to volunteers and donors
- Pick-Up/Drop-Off Sites
- If you have a safe location where donations can be left or picked up, at your home or an office, we would like to expand our reach.
If you would like to volunteer for OBNM, please complete the